Tips to improve your ASO
Improving ASO is a continuous process that involves researching keywords, optimising the app’s title, description, and metadata, using high-quality screenshots and videos, encouraging reviews and ratings, monitoring and updating the app’s listing, localising the app, focusing on retention and engagement, using ASO tools, and using influencer marketing. By implementing these strategies, developers can increase their app’s visibility and downloads in the app store.
Here are some of our tips to improve your ASO:
- Research keywords: Understand the keywords that your target audience is using to find similar apps and optimise your app’s title, description, and metadata with those keywords.
- Optimise the app title: Use relevant keywords in the app title, and make sure it is clear and concise.
- Write an effective app description: Use relevant keywords and an informative and compelling description highlighting the app’s main features and benefits.
- Use high-quality screenshots and videos: Use visually appealing screenshots and videos that accurately represent the app’s features and user interface.
- Encourage reviews and ratings: Encourage users to leave positive reviews and ratings, and respond to negative reviews.
- Monitor and update your app’s listing: Keep track of your app’s ranking and performance, and update the app’s listing accordingly.
- Localise your app: Translate your app’s title, description, keywords, screenshots, and other metadata into different languages.
- Focus on retention and engagement: The app stores’ ranking algorithm also considers the retention rate and engagement of an app, so it’s essential to create an app that users want to use and return to.
- Use ASO tools: Use ASO tools to track your app’s ranking, keyword performance, and other metrics, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Use influencer marketing: Partner with influencers to promote your app, this can help you to reach a wider audience and boost your app’s visibility. Influencer marketing can be a great way to reach millions of people and engage them with your app. How do you tie that back to the ASO? By using the screenshots, in app events on apple or custom product pages for apple search ads.
Drop us a message if you’re looking to tie influencer marketing and ASO and we can share some tips and tricks!
Are there differences between ASO on the App Store and on Google Play?
Yes, there are several differences between ASO on the App Store (iOS) and on Google Play (Android) both in technical terms for deployment as in how the algorithms work for visibility.
- Keywords: The App Store uses a metadata keyword field for ASO, while Google Play uses an algorithm to determine an app’s relevance based on the app’s title, description, and other factors.
- Screenshots: The App Store allows developers to upload up to 10 screenshots per device type, while Google Play allows developers to upload up to 8 screenshots.
- Reviews and ratings: The App Store allows developers to respond to reviews, while Google Play does not.
The main difference between ASO on the App Store and Google Play is the way keywords are handled, but there are also differences in character limits, screenshots, in-app purchases, reviews and ratings, and App Store Optimization tools. Therefore, it’s important for developers to understand these differences and optimise their app’s listing accordingly for both stores.
Drop us a message if you want to know more about our ASO framework and the top strategies we deploy to turn underdog apps into category leaders.